Thursday 11 March 2010

Night Owl

My hungry eyes devour the rich mix of words, numbers, vlogs, and pictures on my screen. My brain races to catch up and process the myriad of passion, life and reality bursting from the blogosphere, my email, the news. My hands dance between my keyboard and a pile of tiny onesies to my right that need folding. I’m on the phone with my mom.

I am the antithesis of the dark, still night. Though my eyes are weary and hands dry, my brain has a mind of its own that shuns idleness and propels me into the early hours of the morning.

LLC occupies me by day and I love our days together of singing, reading Chicka Chicka abc, cuddling, meeting up with other mummies & babies….yet I have so much more on my agenda that doesn’t get touched until the stars are shining, I’m yawning and my body should be at rest replenishing energy levels. I probably need to slow down; go to bed earlier; find time to incorporate some of my late night activity into times when the sun is shining, even if just for half an hour.

I feel pressured to keep up with myself - new mom, busy body & mind, inquisitive spirit.

This late night post was inspired by Josie at Sleep is for the Weak's weekly writing workshop, prompt #5,What is making you feel under pressure right now?
blog comments powered by Disqus