Sunday 17 January 2010

No News Unfortunately Means No News...


My recent silence unfortunately isn't down to exciting baby news - it's more to do with me trying to get out and about and keep my mind occupied with thoughts other than is labor going to start?

I've been spending a lot of time on my birthing ball (probably why I don't look overly amused on it here at 40 weeks + 9) and attempting all the old wives tales in the book alongside trying to maintain the "life as normal" mindset.  I've been moderately successful at this and when I get a little wacked out, Chris sings "Tears of a Clown" to me and that makes me feel better.  I'm soon to have a baby for goodness sake; I need to keep things in perspective.  Can I blame my moments of frustration on those pregnancy hormones?

Meanwhile Rico our dear cat has taken up residence in our Moses Basket, much to my irritation.  I love that cat but I don't want his hair all over little lady's bed.  We've covered it with a towel and a long piece of cardboard as a temporary solution.  Chris thinks once she's in it, he'll find it less appealing.

I won't say much tonight but wanted to check in....more to come tomorrow and not on the topic of labor and birth unless something does go down tonight!
blog comments powered by Disqus