Wednesday 19 May 2010

Breaking Bread with Fellow Bloggers

Yesterday LLC and I attended our first “blogging event” a la Huggies to chat about my new role as a Huggies Mum and to meet fellow Huggies mama bloggers.

What does it mean to be a Huggies mum? We’re not paid (aside from travel expenses to meetings), or roped into writing rave reviews of every Huggies product under the sun – Huggies is providing a platform for UK mum bloggers to meet, network and keep up to speed with Huggies products and events. They’ve kindly sponsored our tickets to the much anticipated Cybermummy and occasionally pass on some free goodies for our little ones. I was psyched to be offered the opportunity to get involved.

So bloggers event virgin I am no more! Several members of the very friendly, baby-loving Huggies team (LLC received many cuddles and I even had my nails done!) met us in London and I got the chance to meet some of the bloggers I regularly read along with a number of their adorable kids. Check out their blogs for some great reads:

A Place of My Own
Young & Younger
Glowstars
Me, The Man & The Baby
Babygenie
A Mothers Ramblings
Perfectly Happy Mum
The Alice
Wahm Bam

It was a lovely, laid back meet and greet. We also learned about some cool competitions Huggies has on the cards for bloggers (more on this in a future post). Thanks for a lovely afternoon Huggies.
 
Speaking of blogger love, I felt all warm and fuzzy last week when I received two blogging awards.
First, the Beautiful Blogger Award from the lovely, witty Nappy Valley Girl who currently resides on my native Long Island. This award involves revealing seven things about me and tagging other bloggers to do the same. Hmmmm, what is worth sharing....

• I met Chris in a nightclub in Plymouth, UK while on a high school trip to England. I blogged about this recently but you may have missed that....
• I wrote a small children’s book series as a kid called The Pam & Beth Stories; writing hooked me from an early age
• I bought my wedding dress on Ebay from a girl in Texas –it cost about $200 and looked as good as new. Don’t discount the power of the bay...
• I’ve had a crush on Christian Bale since I saw him sing and dance his heart out in Newsies – I try to ignore his venomous tongue and temper of late and concentrate on the fact he is h-o-t
• I’m a sleep freak – i.e. a very light sleeper who has trouble sleeping in front of other people
• I played soccer for about 10 years as a kid – midfield because of my stamina, heh.... – it’s really popular for girls on Long Island where I grew up

I’d like to learn some fascinating facts about A Mother's Ramblings, Living with Kids and Deer Baby.

Next, the Prolific Blogger Award from the fabulous Michelle at A Mid-Atlantic English, a fellow American Expat.


This award comes with the following rules from originator Advance Booking:

1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award (see above).
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to This Post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners.

I’d like to share this award with the following excellent bloggers that always keep me coming back for more, some that I’ve been reading for awhile and some more recently discovered: MWA, A Place of My Own, Glowstars, Angels & Urchins, Readily A Parent, Tiddlyompompom

Whew.....
blog comments powered by Disqus